You've offered me so much help and advice in the past, glad I can return the favor. I just recently got mpc setup to the point where it is quite seamless with wmc. I however never did end up going the bitstreaming route, I've got an issue where the audio cuts out for a split second every now and then.
I assume WAF means wife and family?
So, you've got mpc launching from wmc, good. One issue I and many others have is that when wmc/media browser is full screen, mpc either launches behind wmc or will launch in front, but does not take focus - thus the remote will not work. First let's get it so you mce remote can control mpc - if you are one of the lucky ones where mpc launches in front of wmc and takes focus, you are good. If you are like me, we'll work on making sure mpc gets focus next.
There are a couple of things I did. For basic remote functionality, it is very easy to set things up to get your mce remote working with mpc.
1. Launch mpc and go View --> Options --> Keys (under player). Here you can set which mpc functions are controlled with which mce buttons.
For example for the:
- Exit Command, I mapped to the App Command: Media_Stop (this will close mpc and return to wmc when pressing stop) Alternatively you could map to the Stop Command
- Play Command, I mapped to the App Command: Media_Play
- Pause Command to App Command: Media_Pause
- etc, etc,
I took things one step further and installed LM Remote Key Map:http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22/60/article.asp
This will let you map keyboard keys (Among many other thigns) to an mce button.
- in mpc, I set the Remaining Time Command to Key 'i' (make sure you remove any Modifiers). Then in LM Remote I mapped 'i' to the Info button (you can map to any mce button you wish). So now, when I push Info, I get the Time Remaining displayed. I have also mapped the Audio Next and Audio Previous commands in such a manner.
LM Remote will also let you disable the 'Exclusive' MCE buttons, My Pictures, My TV, My Music, etc. So you can map those to anything you want - assuming you aren't using them for their native purposes. This all works well for me as I use the Harmony 1100, so I can rename the buttons to be anything I want.
Okay, assuming you can't get mpc to take focus, you need to do the following:
As noted in this thread:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3380&start=50#p29000
1. Grab ExternalLauncher Minimize MC.zip from http://www.mymovies.dk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=10956
(it is at the bottom of the long post - don't worry about reading the post)
2. Extract ExternalLauncher to your mpc folder.
3. Create a batch file with the following contents (obviously change the path to your mpc-hc.exe):
"C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\MPC\mpc-hc.exe" %1 /fullscreen /play /close
4. Point the external player in Media Browser config to ExternalLauncher.exe
Now when you launch a movie from wmc, you should have it so mpc is front and center and your remote works. When you push stop (assuming you mapped it to Exit) mpc will close and wmc will reappear.
I made by desktop wallpaper black and hid all desktop icons and auto hid the task bar, so it all looks seamless.
Note: If you do not use externallauncher.exe (because mpc takes focus), it may take about 10 seconds for mpc to lauch. Apparently it is tricky to get mpc in front of wmc. If you use externallauncher.exe, mpc launches much faster.
To furhter add to the seamlessness, add the following to command to ehshell.exe and when you launch wmc, media browser will open automatically:
You may find this thread particularly relevant for you bitstreaminghttp://www.avforums.com/forums/home-ent ... owser.html