Command Parameters for your external players - PLEASE ADD

Re: Command Parameters for your external players - PLEASE ADD

Postby dvd.collector » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:37 am

ebr wrote:I know, but there were some folks that narrowed down their stuttering video problems to the IBN directory being on a NAS. They moved it and the stuttering stopped.

Ah ok, thanks for the suggestion, but mine is local.
dvd.collector

Postby dvd.collector » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Just in case anyone else experiences this.. I solved this by adding a delay into the batch file after closing Media Centre. Obviously MPC-HC was starting up before Media Centre had fully closed.
dvd.collector

Postby pheare » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 am

Hi all,

Glad I found this thread.

I have created a .bat file with the following:

@echo off
TASKKILL /F /IM "ehshell.exe" > nul
"C:\Program Files\Combined Community Codec Pack\MPC\mpc-hc.exe" %1 /fullscreen /play /close
start "" "C:\Windows\ehome\ehshell.exe" "/entrypoint:{CE32C570-4BEC-4aeb-AD1D-CF47B91DE0B2}\{FC9ABCCC-36CB-47ac-8BAB-03E8EF5F6F22}" "/directmedia:general"

Works great, except when WMC relaunches, it does not launch in full screen mode. As I understand it, the /directmedia:general flag is supposed to make it full screen.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.
pheare

Postby pheare » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:18 am

Did a bit more testing. With bat file as noted above, will not launch full screen, but will enter Media Browser.

If I remove the Media Browser entry point (/entrypoint:{xxxxxxx) and just have /directmedia:general, wmc will launch full screen, but of course does not enter media browser. With both commands (regardless of order) wmc will not go full screen.

Any thoughts?
pheare

Postby chefbennyj » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:53 am

I have been going crazy over this problem. Media Browser will not start in full mode! Argh! I've been using this wicked program that uses voice recognition with media center. I have tried using your .bat files to start media browser from the menu page but it always wants to start in small screen. So for some reason when Media browser is remotely opened, it doesn't want to open in full screen. No matter what I do. Finally someone else has the same problem. I tried to ask this very question on the forum but know one messaged me back.
chefbennyj

Postby pheare » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:59 am

I just (like literally just) figured out what my problem was! WMC will now open in full screen with media browser started.

What I had to do was:
1. open WMC
2. switch to full screen mode
3. Close from full screen mode using the 'x' in the top right corner ('x' will appear as you move your pointer to the top right corner).

Now whenever you open wmc, it will open in full screen mode. And the batch file should work. though I find sometimes the task bar takes focus (even with wmc open in full screen), in that case I just have to hit the green windows button to get wmc to take focus.

I think it is important to do the above 3 steps on their own, manually. when I think about it now, I was always closing wmc from a window and for whatever reason it would always open back to a window even with the full screen flag.

I am so happy now. :D
pheare

Postby chefbennyj » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:45 pm

My problem still exists :( Only because I'm not actually changing players I'm just trying to start MB.
chefbennyj

Postby thejulianath20 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 am

I am really confused on how to set this up. I want MB to select a movie and open up in MPC-hc and for MPC-hc to come up on top. How do accomplish this? There are so many batch files on here I don't know which one works and is right?
thejulianath20

Previous

Return to General Discussions