What I would like is to be able to export my users settings through the media browser config tool, for an easy way to create backup and to restore all settings, eg:
1. Status of Watched/Unwatched/(Resume if possible)
2. Selected Config Options, for example:
- visual theme - color scheme - display clock - transparent background - remember folder indexing- override poster aspect ratio - show unwatched counter - watched indicator on folders
(and all the rest)
4. Media Collection locations
5. Settings unique to the added media locations (eg coverflow for v:tv series, detail for m:movies), however, if the location of media doesn’t match on a new system I don’t know if that would cause problems.
+ All the hidden options in the xml file I think should be added to the configuration wizard in a ‘super advanced’ tab. They don’t even need headings, just a long list with the option titles and a check box beside each (or a drop down field if there’s multiple ways to change it.)
If these can be added here, then they too could be exported for backup. This will make it easier to change the settings at will, and to back them up (especially for future builds where the xml file might be changed with more options etc so it might not be as simple to just replace with the old one).
Plus anything I may have missed..
If exporting these combined is a problem, maybe export it in a few different categories:
1) Export General Display Settings
2) Export Watched Status
3) Export Podcast list
4) Export Media Collection locations on hard drives + display settings.
Media Browser could then spit out the backup for the options checked.
Then it’s simply a matter of opening a fresh install of Media Browser and selecting IMPORT and choosing the backup file to restore all your settings.
I don’t know if this is a big thing to create, is it too tricky? It would give peace of mind while also making it easier to save and restore all the important settings.