Band of Brothers

Band of Brothers

Postby socialavatar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:58 am

Trying to pull metadata for Band of Brothers .. when I use Meta Browser it tells me no such movie in themoviedb.org, now I know its not a movie, but not sure how to tell Meta Browser that it should use the TV scraper.

Can't access the wiki because its asking for a wordpress ID, so any guidance would be appreciated.
socialavatar

Re: Band of Brothers

Postby nok11 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:39 am

Firstly go in and delete any metadata in the Band of Brothers folder and secondly, check the folder structure.

It should be:

yourharddrive:\yourTVsetup\Band of Brothers\Season 1\episode name.mkv or avi or whatever

If that is correct then metabrowser should pick it up as a tv series and not a movie.
nok11

Postby socialavatar » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:12 pm

In my case I just ripped the DVD. I keep all my media in video_ts folders or blu ray equivalent, does that mean I am out of luck?

I was thinking of using a boxset approach, but even that won't work if I can't get the metadata
socialavatar

Postby nok11 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Not too sure about that mate...Everything i have is it's own individual episode. I don't rip any dvd's or blu-rays.

I'm sure you're not the only one with this issue regarding ripped tv shows.

Try a search of the forums here or have a look at their community forum http://community.mediabrowser.tv/topics?category_id=5&status=published...i'm sure there'll be a solution for you. That's how i got my questions answered (although i've never had to ask to much)
nok11

Postby skynet600 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:56 pm

Yeah the structure is critical as are the correctness of the episode names. I have Band of Brothers (2001)/Season 1/01 - Currahee.avi and so on. Regarding the "Special" CD make sure you name it what it says in tvdb like Season 0/01 - We Stand Alone Together.avi. If you put this in Season 1 it thinks it is a film as it is not actually seen as part of the tv series.

Oh also might be a good idea to "Rebuild List" if it seems not to be working.
skynet600

Postby Krycek » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:56 am

Actually, I also have BoB on my HDD and it is a one season show. Thus if you have it as a movie, you should maybe put it in your TV show folder for MediaBrowser. And for MetaBrowser, just fill up informations according to MovieDb.

You can also rename your file as S01E01 - Name, fetch serie & episode metadata then just keep the serie metadata and put it in a movie structure.
Krycek

Postby steelman1991 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 pm

At the moment metabrowser does not support retrieval of metadata for TV Show to DVD format rips. The request has been made for inclusion in the next version. In the meantime mediabrowser WILL fetch metadata for this format, providing you use it to scrape.

See here for alternative method http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... l-metadata - although in this case you would change the 'ghost' files to S01E01, S01E02 etc.
steelman1991

Postby rodeifs » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I use metabrowser. I also have the same issue with hundreds of DVD episode rips... Any ideas when the next vesrion of metabrowser will be released? I hate to start and finish this process only to find out that the new netabrowser version has been released.
rodeifs

Postby steelman1991 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:24 am

Still in development as far as I am aware.
steelman1991

Return to Meta Browser