Directory Structure - Band of Brothers

Directory Structure - Band of Brothers

Postby socialavatar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 pm

So far I have been only using MB for movies (video_ts and bluray). I am about to rip my Band of Brothers collection which I figured would be classified as a TV show, but not show how to structure the directory, given I have video_ts rather than .avi files for each episode. I also have The David Chappelle Show waiting in the wings.

I use Meta browser to get fanart etc so would appreciate some guidance that sees me through integrating this new material into my MB. I am running Firestorm and Vanilla 2.0 at the moment.

Thanks
socialavatar

Re: Directory Structure - Band of Brothers

Postby vinomarky » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:20 pm

I've gone through this same exercise with BOB, and found that;

- As long as it is in VIDEO_TS folder structure, MetaBrowser etc will always treat it as a movie, not TV

- The only way I could get around it was to rip each episode to MPEG2 video file (lossless) and named them S01E01.MPEG type convention.
- If I had to do it again, I would have used MakeMKV as it slickly rips each of the episodes to MKV containers (again lossless I think)

- Then use MetaBrowser or your meta tagger of choice to add in meta data for these files

If you keep VIDEO_TS format then (a) you wont be able to pull meta data from the web for it (b) even if you enter data manually, it is not really suited to having multiple episode synopses in the one summary (messy)

Just my 2 cents worth
vinomarky

Re: Directory Structure - Band of Brothers

Postby socialavatar » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Thanks, since I want to keep them in video_ts .. I think I'll go with the box set approach.
socialavatar

Return to General Discussions